A Little Ray of Sunshine

Friday, March 25, 2005

Random reading

Last night, after hacking out one-and-a-half fairly decent scenes, I picked up my Bible. I have several, this particular one is an NIV. The others are King James, which is what I grew up with and have always liked best. It's interesting to read the NIV because of the differences in translation. It's an easier read, and I don't know if that's good or bad. I read fast.
I opened the Bible at random, to Habakkuk 2. Verse 19 particularly caught my attention, perhaps because I was sitting in front of the computer. "Woe to him that says to wood, 'Come to life!' Or to lifeless stone, 'Wake up!' Can it give guidance? It is covered with gold and silver; there is no breath in it." I know the verse in question is refering to idols, but my mind referenced it to computers. It was an interesting thought. Perhaps it does refer to computers.

I flipped back and reread all of Habakkuk. It's short. I don't recall when Habakkuk's prophecies refer to. Can someone tell me if they are future or past? Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home