A Little Ray of Sunshine

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Worldcon 2008

is in Denver. www.denver2008.com

How cool is that? I've never been to a con, but we're planning on this one. My husband should like the klingons, I understand there are always klingons at Worldcon, and he's a Star Trek fan.
As for me, Lois McMaster Bujold is the Guest of Honor. So I'm happy.
Besides, Denver's so close. It'll never be this close again. When I told him about it, the first thing he said was: "This is something you want to go to? We'll have to make plans." My man gets me.
My cousin and his wife, the family lawyers, live in Denver. I'm thinking maybe we can do dinner while we're there. My cousin is a nice guy (I haven't met his wife yet, but my dad likes her), but he's so liberal it's like putting gasoline fumes and a lit match together when we get together. We're so opposite we can't even figure out where the other one is coming from. But we still have fun. (Everyone who reads this probably knows I enjoy talking politics, after all. So does he. This may, in fact, be genetic. Considering the rest of my family, anyway. My mom's side, that is. Dad doesn't hardly have any relatives.)
Worldcon is two weeks before the DNC, so we should be out of Denver before things get too crazy.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:29 PM, February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never been to a con, but I'm sure it would be fun. I've always liked Star Trek and sci-fi stuff. I just don't think my hubby would get it - he wasn't raised on ANY sci-fi whatsoever -though he did get hooked on the Stargate series when we had cable and the sci-fi channel.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home