A Little Ray of Sunshine

Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Meme from Pretty Lady

I'm supposed to post eight random facts about myself. Well, let's see if I can come up with that many.

1. I haven't had more than three consecutive hours of sleep in the last nine months minus one week. (Hummer, of course, will be nine months next week.)
2. I can cook collard greens, but not only am I not from the south, I can't see how anyone could live in such humidity. And I've been to Georgia in August; I know what I'm talking about.
3. I love rain. Probably because I live in a desert. I especially love the way it smells when it's about to rain or has just started.
4. I expect everything I buy to last as long as my cast iron pans (that is, generations), and feel like I've been ripped off when almost nothing else does.
5. Since nothing (besides the cast iron, bone china, and silverware) lasts the way it ought to, I like to do my shopping at the thrift store. At least then I didn't pay much money for something that's just going to fall apart in six months! The only problem with this is I never can find clothes for my husband there, and it's getting harder to find clothes for the boys.
6. I don't trust antibiotics in animals, particularly in milk. After all, if I can't nurse if I'm taking these, how is it different for my kids to drink milk from a cow that's had them? (Or a goat?) That said, I don't have a problem if they're only used when needed on meat producing animals, it's the constant usage that bothers me.
7. I can't stand animal fat. Lard is okay for pie crusts once it's been properly rendered, but fat left on the meat: ick! Why would anyone want cornfed beef? (Butter is fine, good for everything. Brisket is almost inedible, even with tons of work.)
8. We are now living in the sixth house/apartment since we married five-and-a-half years ago. I am getting really sick of moving. So is my husband, especially since I love antiques, and they're HEAVY.

Wow! That was eight.
I'm not going to pass this on. If you haven't done it yet, feel free to feel tagged.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, July 10, 2007, Blogger Pretty Lady said…

    Lovely list! I feel the same way about cast-iron longevity.

    You might want to consider ordering clothes online from Lands End or J. Crew for the husband and boys--they do have clearance sales, and the clothes are formidably constructed. One can Lurk the Clearance Rack just as well online as in person. ;-)

     
  • At 10:11 PM, July 14, 2007, Blogger Arielle said…

    I like your list, too. I like this meme and have been wanting to do it, I just have trouble coming up with 8 things to say about myself. =D

    PL's suggestion is a good one. I won't shop online for clothing for myself, because I *have* to try it on and see what it looks like, but guys usually aren't as picky!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home