A Little Ray of Sunshine

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Winter is coming

You can feel it in the air. A friend jokes that we have two seasons here: July and Winter! Getting winter clothes out, putting summer clothes away after all of two months worth of use.
The greenhouse is coming along, the plants look good. There will be tomatos soon: some are already yellow-orange.
We'll see if I keep up with drying the laundry outside when it gets below freezing. My hands don't like being cold, particularly my right which always lets me know about that old injury that's never quite been right, whenever I push it at all. I'll have to find something to protect my hands from the cold.
The boys are growing like weeds and eating like boys. Beau is signed up for kiddie soccer with one of his buddies from church: the boys have their first practice this evening.